The Venturing Leadership Award is presented by councils, areas, regions, and the BSA National Council to Venturers who have made exceptional contributions to Venturing and who exemplify the Venturing Code and Venturing Oath.
- Be registered and involved as a Venturer for at least one year.
- Be a youth member when nominated for the award.
- Hold a leadership position or an office at the unit, district, council, area, region, or national level (as appropriate for the level of the award presented).
- Show exceptional dedication and give outstanding leadership and service to Venturing and to Venturers (on the level appropriate for the award).
To make a nomination:
- This nomination form must be submitted to the Steve Fossett Center for Scouting no later than 4:30pm on November 30th.
- Attach letters of recommendation from Venturers, Scouters, acquaintances, teachers, place of worship, etc.
- Attach additional sheets, if necessary.
- Attach a picture of the nominee when submitting the form.