The Camping Committee of the Chicago Area Council Invites you to participate in the
THE OWASIPPE SHOOTING SPORTS OPEN
COLUMBUS DAY WEEKEND
OCTOBER 10, 11, 12, 2014
Shooting Events Begin Saturday, Oct 11 at 10:00 (sleep late after the ride from Chicago). Additional events will be available on Sunday, Oct 12, 2014.
COMPETITION AND FUN IN RIFLE SHOOTING, SHOTGUN SHOOTING, TARGET ARCHERY, PAINTBALL AND ‘RUN n SHOOT’
The base price of the event includes up to three nights camping at Camp Wolverine (assigned camping areas and “kybos”[bathroom facilities]) may be shared with other units, unique event patch, rifle shooting, archery, hot dog lunch on Saturday, and ‘smores’ at the campfire (Each unit needs a skit).
- Campers would be able to utilize other camp facilities such as bike trails/ hiking trails, etc.
- Each unit is required to contribute the services of one adult from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 11. This is a prerequisite to unit participation in the event.
- All campers must depart by 1100 EDT Monday, October, 13, 2014 or make separate arrangements with the Chicago Area Council camping department in order to extend stay. Every unit must present a tour permit and roster at time of check-in.
- Signup is on line at www.chicagobsa.org/shootingsportsopen or below using the register button
- The Trading Post will be OPEN on Saturday during the event. Owasippe mementos and other ‘scout stuff’will be sold.
- Pop and snacks will be available at the snack bar throughout the day on Saturday
Order of the Arrow Pancake Breakfast Only $6.00 per person
Sunday Afternoon Fun Shoot at rifle and archery!
Rifle Range Junk Shoot – Prize for best JUNK
Archery Balloon Shoot
MORE THINGS TO DO
Owasippe is a 4700 acrea ecological wonderland. America’s oldest Boy Scout Camp. It is a cool place! Units are encouraged to utilize Owasippe’s hiking and bicycle trails, visit Chief Owasippe’s grave, fish in Lake Wolverine, check out the quaking bog and more.